I have a very slow coolant leak. I cant see it dripping anywhere but the rear engine mount on the right hand side seems slightl damp. I have a blue resivour cap and its an obd2 engine 1998. The cars on 80,000 miles any ideas to what and where the leak maybe coming from.

hiya

i am having a similar problem, although i can see where the drip is landing! need to top up once a week and when i turn the heater on i can smell a sweetish smell coming through the vents.

have checked oil and no signs of any gunk in there so hopefully not a HG problem.

three different garages have looked at it and it's really starting to bug my happiness!

have no idea how much is left in car and temp is plumeting....

When engine is running have noticed the water in header tanks seems to bubble like air is blowing in there maybe normal as car is new to me but thought id say anyway. Also i undid the cap after had turned the car off and water bubbled up and over and out of the header tank dont think this is normal.

jst let car warm up a little and noticed steam/water vapour coming from left side of engine where belt and water pump are so think this is the water pump thn. once engine was warm water rose from between min and max to jst above max is this to do with it being pressurised.