best cat 1 total closure

Guest Supersparky

Hi Guys

I need to get my alarm sorted. I inherited a clifford supernova total closure alarm with my vr. but to be honest its shi*e :-( , and its not insurance approved. So i needs to get sorted with a decent Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser at a decent price. I'm not fussy about make but ide like toys :):)

Any ideas

• 1 year later...

One make to avoid - Laserline. I inherited one and it goes off all the time. Dunno if it's the alarm or the install but it's a pain in the ass especially when it arms itself all the time which is a pain when filling up or if you have a passenger. It just seems to have a mind of it's own. Only reason I stick with it is cos the fob does my remote central locking! It is a full closure CAT1 as well... go with something like the Clifford or Toad maybe?

I went for the Clifford 650mkII cost a fair bit like but got all the toys except remote start. Can set it in Valet mode so and arm each door, bonnet and boot separately so can leave bonnet open at a show without it going off the minute anyone comes near it! But you need to remember the code they give u when they set it up.... i forgot it lol and cant remember the safe place i left it in when i wrote it down!!! typical!