Idle Issues - VAG-COM Fault Code enclosed..

MINE TOO!!, its been doing it for about a week now and has just got to the point where it is cutting out evry time i come to a stand still, roughly same code as well- 00533 idle air control, adaptation range below minimal level and also 00561 mixture adjustment adaptation range (add) below minimal level. so i put a new coolant temp sensor in before i came home tonight and ran it back through basic settings, everything seemed fine on the way home so i'll let you know tomorrow *-)

Had this on mine, get the throttle body of and clean it out. What causes this is it will be caked in crap and the TB can't auto adjust due to the amount of build up on the butterfly. Use cotton buds and the like the clean out with throttle body cleaner and not carb cleaner. As carb cleaner is strong and could damage the electrics. Once done clear the codes and do the TB alignment with VAG-COM the codes shouldn't return.

If they do return then take the MAF out and clean that too again carefully with cotton buds.

Spoke to Vince today, he recommends cleaning throttle body, and checking for air leaks, its only started happening since i put the standard manifold back on the car.

I know the schrick threw oil back into the TB. so I will give a good clean at the weekend and see how I get on :o)

Pete

is it possible ive fitted it the wrong way up?

I bought the schrick 2nd hand, but had never been fitted to the car, but on hindsight it think it may have been assembled ready with the sensor on the side and TB ready to go on and then when I bought it the TB was taken off again so the gasket was used, so its worth me replacing for a few quid

is there a DIY guide on cleaning a throttle body for novices like me :) ? thanks

In the premium members section mate, theres a load of guides in there on cleaning the throttle body and how to do the adaptation on it after, load of other useful guides aswell

is there a DIY guide on cleaning a throttle body for novices like me :) ? thanks

Its a piece off piss to do fella..

I had the same issue with mine... Kept cleanin it, Fault code still came up..

Ended up buyin a new throttle..

Problem then solved..Havent changed coolant sensor as yet, May just do that now after reading couple of threads... Hmmmm :o