R32 Engine Conversion

Blimey i was about to just post the same thing!

I am seriously looking at either doing one of two things:

supercharge and ca it.

Or

24V engine transplant from either an R32 or the V6 lump from a 4motion.

I think i would need to try and keep the gearbox with the new engine as my 3door vr6 has an auto box.

Any ideasa please please help us. Oh and is it a propa pain in the ass trying to fit new gearbox and replumb in the wiring loom???????

Many many thanks

pecca x

Have spoken to Storm and well impressed with Andy at Storm. Just need to pick his brains a bit more and see what problems other people have had. My 12v is Charged but want more power and its the £ to buy a R32 Lump and Standalone management.

So im hoping to fit R32 Lump and my existing Charger.

Defo Charge your VR, Rotrex Charger's are fantastic. Give Andy a ring at Storm. You wont regret putting the charger on!!!!

well i have just got mine working with the DTAP8 PRO, it sounds amazing :) still got loads to do with tidying the bay, attaching the downpipe up to the cat, and getting it properly mapped. as for cost?? you CAN do this conversion for approx £2.5k EASILLY, mines ended up costing me just short of £1.1k but i sold my old engine and the bits i had accumulated for the rotrex conversion for £2k so at the moment i'm £900 in pocket.

heres a quick vid http://www.corradoclub.org/images/stories/video/KarlsR32.MP4

any questions?? just ask

karl

Have you got any pictures of the conversion? What Parts were needed?

Storm developments sell a 6 branch manifold for this conversion into a mk3, About £400 i think.

And Thanks for the offer on the Charger Pecca but will be fitting that to the R32 Engine. Will have theremainder of the vr kit though, all you would need to do is buy the charger.

He fitted it himself, it's actually an easy job fitting it into the car if you use the standard VR6 mounts.

Doing that does sit the sump a little low to the ground though. If you fit the MK4 shoulder mountes to the inner wings, it lifts it up a bit more.

Mind you, with all that weight low slung, it improves the C of G quite a lot. You just have to be careful not to ground out the sump.

yeh as kev said physically getting the engine in is the easy part, the really complex bit is the wiring, it was even harder for me being very very colour blind, i also used one of the 6 branch conversion manifolds that storm sell, but i went straight to there supplier and saved about £75.

heres a link to my thread on the corrao forum http://the-corrado.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61633 the first few pages are boring, but it gets better??

Storm certainaly know their stuff.

They have succesfully transplanted a 429 bhp audi 3.2 rotrex charged monster in mine! no regrets :) both Andy & miles are not only helpfull and knowledgeable, but fair and understand the word budget! they are having the missus 4 mo in shortly for the same treatment..

VrSick is right, Spoke to Andy at Storm and they realy do know there stuff!

Will be taking my engine out in Jan and trying to source a low milage mk5 R32 lump! Just wish had gone down this route before i rebuilt my 12v.

Cant wait already, And the Rotrex is also going on. Hoping to get around 350bhp, anything above this will be a bonus

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting the bits together at the moment. Definatly the best option when you work out how much to rebuild the 12v. And its limitations.

The rotrex bracket is defo different as its bolts on where the A/C compressor goes if you got no A/C

Have you thought bout selling your charger and Buying a rotrex kit? Speak to Andy at storm was loads of help to me and can supply all the parts you need.