Right, I have bought a Mk5 R32 engine to swap into t'old golf. my question to the experts is "what is the prefered method of running this engine, on standard VW management or standalone management?" I'm thinking VW management, but I'm open to people's opinions. By the way, the engine has come with a DSG gearbox which will be for sale if anyone is interested. Cheers, James.

Storm have just finished mine and its an absolute feckin animal :)

cost is greatly dependant on how far you want to go with it. Speak to andy or Miles as Alex said.

If your about at the weekend, were going up to Santa pod for the night racing so the proof will be in the pudding as they say! :)

cost is greatly dependant on how far you want to go with it. Speak to andy or Miles as Alex said.

If your about at the weekend' date=' were going up to Santa pod for the night racing so the proof will be in the pudding as they say! :)

[/quote']

I reckon Grahams gonna be pushing it....or have his feet thro the floor Flinstones stylee!!!!

If your about at the weekend' date=' were going up to Santa pod for the night racing so the proof will be in the pudding as they say! :)

[/quote']

I reckon Grahams gonna be pushing it....or have his feet thro the floor Flinstones stylee!!!!

lol, that wouldnt be the first time Craig! he's more of the barny rubble type tho.. :)

[/quote']

I think a saw a thread about your car.... did you install a rotrex where the air con mounts?? that is such a stealthy place to mount a 'charger!

Cool' date=' and is the loom easier to wire up to t'old CE2 fusebox then using the whole R32 loom? what are the advantages and disadvantages to VW and aftermarket management systems??

[/quote']

I have no idea i'm afraid, i kno the aftermarket setup looks pretty factory, the ecu has been moved and i believe the fuseboard remains mk2 standard.

Advantages are, vw system wouldnt operate witht he power we're gettin out!

[/quote']

I think a saw a thread about your car.... did you install a rotrex where the air con mounts?? that is such a stealthy place to mount a 'charger!

Thanks.. i kinda like it cos its sneaky!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...