Anyone with an obd1 early VR6

there are a lots of people on here who have had many vr6s mate who have sold them got another etc so they prob started with an early one how may be able to help..

so im sure if you post your problem you will get help with your issue and then later on down the line so body could get the same problem and by doing a forum search they will find this thread and it could help them..

Sorry Scot' date=' I know I promised to take a look, but have no time to get behind that fusebox... Will have a look for ya if I'll get to it.

[/quote']

No bother mate,as many folk have said i dont think they are needed to actually get the engine going but if i know then im sure they must connect to something.

Anyways today me and my mate decided to work it some more.

As the car wasnt starting and had checked everything,resorted to trying "easy start" sprayed into the throttle body.

This did get the vr to run however it needs a good amount to run and then for it to continue running it needs to be held at about 4-6k revs.

It seems that the fuel is only coming in and keeping the engine running when under high revs now,as if low down,eg starting etc its not geting enough fuel.Theres no air in the rail etc and iv checkd the fuel pressure regulator.all seem fine.

One thing i need to know is could the lambda sensor effect its rough running or start up as i had to rejoin the cables on it and not sure if this may cause any issues as its as if its not knowing when it needs more fuel and when less.I have a video i shall try and post up.Please i know the engine is being revved alot in the video from start but it was needed to allow it to keep running.