Turbo or supercharger??

Havin got the golf lookin pretty much the way i want her to look ,still a bit of work to be done yet tho,im now lookin for a wee bit more performance,was checkin out turbo kits from kinetic and also superchargers an was lookin for some advice from anyone who had went down this route !! The kinetic stage 3 turbo kit seems the best value for money at £2500,and reported increases to 315bhp!! Has anyone on here carried tis out ??

Kinetic kits have a good rep in America. I like their manifold a lot. They cut corners with the turbo though imo' date=' but it's a good kit to get you started. There will be some issues fitting on a RHD car, but they're not difficult to overcome :-)

[/quote']

Ah just the man i was lookin to speak to , just read ur thread and was very impressed ,seems like ur very passionate about what u done to the raddo !! Have u seen all that comes with the kinetic kit ?? is that pretty much all the components u need or are there more bits and pieces that would have to be purchased elsewhere ?? This would be my first time doin any kind of engine work an i feel i could be a wee bit out ma depth but i have friends who are a bit more mechanical minded and are willin to pitch in , i know it wont be easy but should be worth it in the end :-)

Ah just the man i was lookin to speak to ' date=' just read ur thread and was very impressed ,seems like ur very passionate about what u done to the raddo !! Have u seen all that comes with the kinetic kit ?? is that pretty much all the components u need or are there more bits and pieces that would have to be purchased elsewhere ?? This would be my first time doin any kind of engine work an i feel i could be a wee bit out ma depth but i have friends who are a bit more mechanical minded and are willin to pitch in , i know it wont be easy but should be worth it in the end :-)

[/quote']

Cheers :-)

Is yours OBD2? That is a minimum requirement for the Stage 3 kinetic kit. If you are OBD2, then happy days :-)

The kits are pretty much complete and bolt-on in the US market, but yours being a RHD car, some changes will need to be made. You may not even be able to use the supplied downpipe as it will probably fould the steering rack, so you'll need a custom one. The brake fluid resevoir will need relocating aswell, and there'll be a few other minor bits and peices to over come. Hard to say exactly what at this stage.

C2 Motorsports are currently developing a UK specific kit, so might be worth dropping them an email to see how it's going.