Brilliant. Is there anything else worth doing at the same time, such as bump stops or anything? The whole car is standard at the moment. Anyone know the powerflex part number i need. Its a 1997 highline... I can see 2 numbers,

PFR85-206 and PFR85-207...

i'd advise getting standard bushes if at all possible. i have powerflex and they are a bit harsh. however, you have to have special tools to fit the standard bushes in where as you don't for the powerflex.

if you do go for the powerflex its 206's you need. best place to get them from is power engineering, they're next door to powerflex (actually, they're part of the same company) - 01895 255699

i'd advise getting standard bushes if at all possible. i have powerflex and they are a bit harsh. however' date=' you have to have special tools to fit the standard bushes in where as you don't for the powerflex.

if you do go for the powerflex its 206's you need. best place to get them from is power engineering, they're next door to powerflex (actually, they're part of the same company) - 01895 255699 [/quote']

What do you mean by them being a bit harsh? Should i get bump stops done at the same time or are they a completely separate thing... I think they might need doing too...

bump stops are pretty mcuh unrelated (they are on the shock (inside the springs)and cusion the blow when the suspension bottoms out. the rear stops tend to wear out on mkIII's...mine were in lots of little bits.

rear beam (axle) bushes are where the beam pivots is at it meets the car...they do tend to only last 120k max on mkIII's. will give a genral 'loose' feeling to the rear of the car.

by harsh i mean, the powerflex bushes are quite solid so less pot holes and bump hits are cussioned. don't get me wrong, its not like putting very stiff suspension on the car but you deffo know about it.

powerflex rear bushes also change the handlig of the car slightly, makes it a bit more twitchy. doesn't bother me, but worth noting.

i think pete paid about £200 to have new standard bushes fitted. you can't fit standard yourself unless you have all the presses.

ACF (andy) knows my point of view on this lol ;-)

My advise just get standard ones powerflex poly bushes are horrid stiffen up the back end to much and make the ride awful and you also get a lot of road noise form them :-( (Had them in my MkIII gti)

yep, i should have listened to claire!

though i haven't had a prob with road noise.

it also wasn't really a prob on standard/just springs...now i have the full kit it is a really firm (although, obviously some of that can be blamed on the shocks).

i do however prefer the nervous handling they gave...but thats just me being quirky!

theres no right and wrong with either set up...you just have to pick the right one for you.