When I lived in Switzerland in the 90's you could go to the VW dealer and buy an estate VR6 in front wheel drive or syncro straight from the show room, the villagers who lived in the mountains loved the VR6 syncro kombi's as they called them, good for driving in the snow.

Yep that top one is my hubby Gavs vr6 estate. As far as we know, when Gav put the vr6 in it was the first one in the uk. We do know some others have appeared since.

However......Gavs is not a 12v vr6 anymore....watch this space :)

Hello, the black estate is mine. I did have a build thrad on here a while back but ive forgotten my password and what email i set up for it.

Thats a very early pic, same day as i got it running with the 2.9 vr i think... ill get a few pics up. It changed considerably from then and then i sold it....then we bought it back a few mths ago. Its currently in bits ready for a bit of a makeover, including another engine transplant.

Cheers

Gav

Were the Kombi's high spec? Would be interested to see one of them.

they came in the same spec as all the vr's as well as highline and colour concept. Ive been offered a colour concept vr syncro shell thats in the uk at the moment.

Theres another black estate (used to be a tdi) thats just had a 2.8 vr transplant. Mate of mine Rick owns it, very nice too, uber low on a set of brocks

Gav