1h2 614 217 b

Will either of these be the same?

I'm just not in the position to buy one of these new at the moment,

Any help would be lovely.

air con problem sorted now this problem

sunroof problem before that and maybe wheel bearings

ABS pump !

quote from advert below

ABS light comes on every now and then, its a faulty rear wheel sensor, i changed one and fault was reset and it was fine for ages, recently it has been coming on and off as it feels like it! it does not affect the brakes its just an annoying light and a common minor fault on mk3 golfs

£2900 OVNO

i thought this car was top nick ! pardon the pun

i had problem with ABS it was the ABS ECU not the pump

they do come up on ebay or what about the guy where u got the air con rad from

maybe he knows where to look

2 problems with VR6 Coilpack and ABS light

i had both go wrong but fingers crossed they r all sorted and replaced

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think many of us are in a position to buy an ABS pump new, seeing as they cost £1000, gulp !

Now someone may correct me on my knowledge of VW part no.s but as far as I understand it, the numbers are the part and the letter on the end is a version number. So for instance you may find that they revised a part on your car and that the replacement part you get from VW actually has a higher letter than the one you took off but it still does the same job. Also sometimes the letters are used to indicate the colour of the part on things like interior trim.

So what I'm saying is that 1h2 614 117 c is a completely different part no. and will not work on your car, but 1h2 614 217 b is the same pump as you have but is a slightly earlier variant of it, therefore it may work on your car but please don't take my word for it.

let me check tommorrow it could be a superseded part like someone has just posted it also could again be a completly differenent part theres no set rule especailly with abs pumps or lettering at the end of part numbers.

I checked on vag-cat no such luck as well trying to work it out

any chance for a chassis number as well if you can pm it helps with pr codes

Ring up bba reman. Check out this link to their website http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/Product.aspx?product=3638 the part number matches your one.

Are you sure its the pump and not the abs ECU? My VR was throwing up all sorts of codes for both the pump and sensors. My mechanic found dry solders in the ABS ECU - he resolderd the joints - hey presto no more ABS light.

i had alook on etka today isnt good news i cant confirm that those numbers will be any good

All the abs pumps come with control units if you were to buy new and the numers are kit numebrs ie 1h2698117 etc

the numbers you gave 217b didnt come up anywhere on dialog /p.o.t or on etka 217c came up on dialog as obsolete with no supersession leads which sucked. I find this alot on cars over ten years old the original numbers arent tracked as well as the newer cars ie mk4 golf onwards

but from looking at the new numbers you need to know if both cars come with EDL (etka is calling this electronic diff lock ... i think its the traction control for the mk3's) and are approx the same year.Very early cars seem to have a complety different style of pump

hth i was hoping to get a proper answer for you but this is the best i can do