4motion misfire and engine management light flicker

hi guys

i started my 4motion up today and it wasnt quite as fresh as normal, idle was a little low.

i let it warm for a few mins like always and started out on my journey, as soon as i pulled out the drive i could feel a missfire like it was maybe on 4-5 cylinders??

it cleared within 100 yards and was ok.. got to junction and when i started to pull away again it atarted missing again then the yellow engine management light started flashing on/off rapidly.. i turned back and when i pulled on the drive it was ok again.

i pulled bonnet but couldnt see anything arcing or anything different

i stopped/restarted a few times and lights gone off. i used the car and it was fine, even on my return journey it was fine and like it should be..

the thing is i havnt used the car for 2 weeks and it has stood outside in a lot of rain, could this of caused a bit of damp to get in anywhere??

has anyone experienced a similar porblem?

i will leave it now till tomorrow am and will update you to let you know if it still does it

any feedback much appreciated

scott

started car this am and all normal again... used it all day and not a misfire or hesitation once..

am thinkin it was due to the fact i hadnt used it in 2 weeks and it stood down the bottom of my drive in 13 days rain out of the 14,,also where it stood it wasnt getting no restbite from the weather,just rain rain and more rain, no sun atall to dry things out..

i know cars should be weatherproof but were talking severe water here for like 2 weeks!!

lets hope im right here and its nothing more major!!

people have told me about vagcom.. i have a laptop, and fairly clued up with the useage of it.is this something that would be of advantage to me? if so where would the best place be to purchase?

scott

• 4 weeks later...