hi,

i currently own a mk3 golf gti 16v, and towards the end of this year am looking for either serious mods for the abf or transplanting a 12v or 24v v6 lump into it.

i was wondering how easy and how much 24v v6's are to come by?

what tuneability do the have and what power/torque they run as std?

can you use a normal 12v gearbox?

cheers guys

i think the 24v uses the O2J box like the Mk4 gtis etc... as for finding one your probs best off looking for an audi RS6, lol. theyre pretty hard to find being a newish engine. you may have some luck on ebay. personally id go for the 12v, as they are much easier to transplant, and obviously use the O2A 12v gearbox. also they look wayyyyyy nicer with the inlet runners on show.

An RS6 engine defoo want fit in!

24v's go in, but u need the lot...

I know of a 24v lump up for sale by my dealership at the mo, think it may need a rebuild though..

i used to have one of them but my dealership bought it back to use in warrenty claim..

P.S, If you want a rear engined mk3, i know of a RS6 lump up for grabs!! Just needs one new turbo..

An RS6 engine defoo want fit in!

24v's go in' date=' but u need the lot...

I know of a 24v lump up for sale by my dealership at the mo, think it may need a rebuild though..

i used to have one of them but my dealership bought it back to use in warrenty claim..

P.S, If you want a rear engined mk3, i know of a RS6 lump up for grabs!! Just needs one new turbo..

[/quote']

got two rs4 turbo's at work if thats any help %-6

24v V6 bolts straight into mk3 as the block is basically the same as the 12v. You can use the 12v VR box, clutch, flywheel, rad etc basically everything else off the 12v. the hardest part would be wiring the 24v loom/clocks/DBW throttle but I know os someone who is trying to use the 12v management to run the 24v lump.

As standard the 24v puts out 204bhp but this can be REVO'd upto 240!!

I have a 24v engine for sale if you're interested....see classifieds for details..... !dodge