Hi everyone,

My VR has had starting problem since i got this car 6 months ago, all i do is turn the key and the engine turns over like 4-5 time s then revs up 2000 rpm then back down again, almost as if the engine drops to many rpms for the engine to kick in for idle? ......Most of the time i jump in and turn the key foot to the metal and it fire s up straight away! I think it might be temp sender? as when u leave the car 1 hour u have to turn key foot to the floor and it fires up again! but if u leave it like 5 mins it will start up with just the key but still sounds like the engine drops to many rpms before it kicks in??

When i turn the key the 109 relay clicks and fuel pump come s on for few seconds ready to start......Is this possible problem??

If anyone has any advice please let me know cos this is driving me nuts

Sorry about the english lol

Errr, you shouldn't need to touch the acclerator, my OBDII engine starts without me touching the loud pedal, idles fast at 1200rpm for a few minutes then settles down to a steady 700rpm.

Can anyone else help him, I'd suggest start by getting it on VAGCOM.

I would recommend that you clean your idle bypass valve out as it sounds as if it's sticking slightly. VR6 engines should start promptly without the need to touch the accelerator and the idle bypass initially takes the revs up to a little over 1000 rpm before quickly settling back down to 650-750 ish rpm.

Does it drive like it's lost any power? Any hesitation in particular rev bands?

Hi, this is seems to be whats up with my corrado aswell, kinda annoying! does yours start fine from cold? mine does its just when youve been driving it and you leave it for say any time longer than 15mins it turns over for a bit then fires up! im just gonna take it to a garage lol

Yeah mine starts from cold and also if u leave it 15 mins the engine turns over 4-5 times with the help of some pedal.....ive cleaned the idle contol valve out and still no change so i have to do the relay next and finally the fuel filter will keep u posted

• 7 months later...