Take a look at these, cost me £40 !amazed for the set of 4 about 3 weeks ago. I have just got them back from being cleaned and polished.

P1010030.jpg

Whats the best thing to stop them going dull, do I have to use some type of oil or wax. If so which is the best. :)

Does anyone know were to get vw center caps for these wheels. Cheers

firstly I hate you! mine cost considerably more than that!

The best way to keep them clean is to keep cleaning them(!) and polish them with peek or a similar metal polish. I think there is something to protect them but wax makes polished alloy go hazy so avoid that

VW centre caps cost about £2.50 each from... VW!

[ Edited Wed Sep 15 2004, 09:25PM ]

:o £40 quid...........................what a bargin..........how much did they cost to get polished ?! ...............like justin said just keep them clean and dont wax them....i found this out the hard way &| .........i used the meguiars metal polish which does a good job :) ..............do i spy manifold in the back round too :P;)

I got them from a wheel and tyre garage in wigan, some guy had traded them in for a new set of wheels. They had some kerb damage and looked a bit dull. I was going to try and polish them myself. But wanted to get rid of the kerb damage so it cost me £50 a wheel to get them dekerbed and polished. I really should have had ago but I don?t have a polishing kit. What is a good polishing kit to get, as you can see I have a manifold to finish off plus other bits. ;)

u lucky so and so bargain of the century mate..iv been to prescot before and wernt realy that impresd with their job your wheels look cool in the pics is it a top job close up??...by the way guys whats the best way to protect my alloys i think they are in a like shiny bright finish dont know the exact term.never had splits b4 so wanna look after them