R32 exhaust on 2.8 4motion

Am considering fitting an R32 exhaust onto my 4motion but I wanted to check a couple of things first.

Hopefully someone will have done this before.

Will it simply be a case of cutting off the old silencer and welding on the R32 one? Possibly with a sleeve of some kind if the bores are different?

It won't be too noisy, will it?

It's really for cosmetic reasons that I'm thinking of this. I'm not really bothered about any performance gains, and I don't want any excessive noise from the exhaust. (I removed the middle box on my VR and although it did sound sportier I got fed up with the drone at around 3000rpm)

Cheers for any advice.

can be done quite easy,

you have to remove the tow eye hook to accomodate for the other tail pipe,

and if i remember rightly you can buy a section of pipe from vw about £20 to join it up to the cat section on your 4motion,

no welding needed,

you might have to adapt the spoiler for the tail pipe,and also block off the valve on the r32 exhaust,

put one on my cousins 4motion sounds absolutly supurb!!!

• 4 weeks later...

My new exhaust should be getting delivered tomorrow and will be installed tomorrow night.

Happy days!!

Only prob is I've also ordered an R32 rear bumper, but wont be painted for a week or so. Basically means the exhaust is going to be a bit sticky outey for now.

Will likely be selling the 4mo exhaust soon if anyones interested?

• 1 year later...

http://www.youtube.com/user/leviathanza

I did this to my bora... check it out... original sounds than + normal R32 than + with resonator removed.

Also the flapper is a great feature trying to work out how to get it working so I can control it from the car.

I had to extend my pipes out and push the left one out a bit because of the tow hook. and I have got a stock valence which I am going to cut. I don't have any decent pics yet though