Damo's VR gets a new grill pg5 :)

Hi mate, how the hell did you manage to get the Jetex to sit right?

Ive got one on mine, its straighter but its not properly straight, seems as if the rear hanger is sat to high so it cant give the adjustment!

pic of mine to show how straight i cant get it!!

019.jpg

the chap at my local exhaust place just faffed around whilst all the connections were loose. so the whole system was mounted but nothing tightened. once it looked right he nipped up the first clamp to hold it there. just a bit of trial and error really matey. nice vr mate

Well I thought about getting some high temp engine paint, but had some ultra cheapo satin black paint from halfrauds lying about, and a weekend free lol so nothing special. Just lightly wet sanded the plastics to give it a bit of surface to bond to, and a good 4-5 thin coats of paint. thats it. been fine so far.. although only time will tell if i will need to re-do them with high temp paint......

• 1 month later...

Just a few of the motor at this years tatton... and yes, my exhaust needs straightening again lol (bloody jetex)

n664175485_3865739_1469.jpg

Polo Door handles

n664175485_3865740_2849.jpg

nice and clean

n664175485_3865820_6320.jpg

And finally my new arse end (ooh er)

n664175485_3865821_7466.jpg

Hopefully once I'ved saved some money i'll be wacking on a nice set of LM's

wooo hooooo....

Sorry mate' date=' but im just chuffed mine isnt the only jetex thats dropped, lol.

Gotta straighten it agin tonight reasy for VW FEST on sun :)

[/quote']

haha cheeky

Mark* - where abouts were u parked dude?? we could have compared rust LMAO!!! you goin to leeds next week mate??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

YAY first mod of 2009! got this home today,

imgp0735.jpg

imgp0736.jpg

So i've put it straight on. LOL

imgp0738.jpg

imgp0739.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

have to admit i approached this job with some reservations after horror stories about poor fitment with FK stuff etc, but it's spot on! can't wait to get it sprayed up now!

By the way if anyone knows any decent bodyshops around manchester, get in touch

Its definately one of the best things i've bought for the car. totally transforms the feel of the car once you get to a few nice bends. :D

im deffo gonna look into it, i was looking at passat/mk4 one but guess tehre teh same size....

i sit quite close to the wheel and my knees are consantly knockin teh standard one

• 3 weeks later...

i got an fk grill last year and once i fited it i found it dont quite fit right under the passenger side headlight. but apart from that it looks pretty good. still need to be sprayed tho. been in black since middle of last year lol. lc5p- dusky mauve pearl is so hard to get right.