Auto boxes are dine !

I have yet to find a problem with the auto box.

They give you are higher level of versertility and if you know how to use them you will soon discover you can play them like a piano.

I believe they are 4spd with LSD diff.

Most handbooks do not give you comprehensive instructions.

Next time you see one grab it ! They are a hoot to drive (if you have the knack)

Hi.I dont rag it in auto.Just cruise in it.

I use the manual function thats where the fun begins.

For example.

From a standstill, select 2nd or third. Not first.

You will find that whichever cog you select it will kick off in 1st and run on into the pre-selected gear.

The rate of nots will depend on how much welly you give it. ie : the harder the welly the longer it will hang onto each cog.

You may find it changing gear at about 5000rpm or more.

You can come back down the box simply by pulling it down a gear. This will use the overun power to act as a brake. Much the same as a manual only faster when you get the knack.

Remember never pull it back into 1st or you may cause serious damage.

This method is well tried and tested against the manual and as far as I can tell there is very little between the two.

Why not give it a go . But dont send me the invoice if you blow the the thing up.

It comes down to skill achieved through practice.

What you actually have is a car with more options than most auto drivers realise..... Brilliant!

Have fun!

yes mate got to agree my auto is sharp ' date='no problem in the fast dept at all,

its like driving a go kart

go and stop!!!

goodtimes

[/quote']

Thank you. It is quite apparant you have good taste. Have you tried the method prescribed below?

I think you will find it very effective indeed. ;)

yer i do know what your saying about learning to play the auto gearbox im a lover of the auto especially living in london there a must with all the start stop traffic,auto is the one !!!!i just wish my work van was.

i also own a bmw 330ci which is also auto with sports box,

i know alot of people who rubbish the auto box but have a go you might like it

big up the auto family!!!!!!

Outta interest how does the auto box handle acceleration wise' date=' say quarter mile flat acceleration from standing start?

Not looking for times or anything but what sort of revs does it change up?

[/quote']

9 seconds to sixty in the book

Outta interest how does the auto box handle acceleration wise' date=' say quarter mile flat acceleration from standing start?

Not looking for times or anything but what sort of revs does it change up?

[/quote']

9 seconds to sixty in the book

0-60 dont mean a lot . 0-100+ is far more fun.