[b]Realy need help please[/b] Engine speed sensor is it crank or camshaft sensor??

had a problem with my car refusing to start. did a diognostic check with a snap on diognostic kit and it came up with engine speed sensor.

So today i changed the crank shaft sensor to no avail now wondering if i should have changed the cam shaft sensor instead???

also has anybody a MK3 VR6 OBD2 wiring diagram??

need the car asap so any help appreciated

bare this in mind:

.7 Are there any Fault-Codes that can and should be ignored?

Yes. Most 1995 and earlier Bosch ECU's will show you a DTC 00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28) if you scan them when the engine is not running. This fault code goes away by itself once you start the engine. If this sensor were truly defective, the engine would not run at all! Please ignore this code.

In addition, many Automatic Transmission Control Modules will show a DTC 00526 or 17087 that indicates a faulty brake light switch. This can also be ignored and will not appear if you press the brakes once before checking for Fault Codes.

the engine speed sensor should definately be the crank one.

see below, may be useful? :S

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1201303800_594_FT215604_camcrank.jpg]1201303800_594_FT215604_camcrank_.jpg[/lightbox]

the crank sensor can be seen in red, and the cam one in green.

you obviously know what it looks like, as you have changed it, so you have done the right one for sure.

maybe it is worth doing both of them??

suppose it is worth a try although i am not convinced. going to do a basic check on monday. check for fuel and a spark and work from their as diognostics did not work as yet. the crank shaft sensor was 82 alone so not so keen to do the camshaft as u may imagine.

half hope it is dead to the world cos the bird will be convinced that it is worth 8k to rebuild it as a turbo lol don't u love some women's ignorance

well after changing the crank shaft sensor to no avail i have now ordered a cam shaft sensor which will hopefully work with any luck. Did diognostics again to no avail just the engine speed sensor again gggrrr i hate this car

won't start at all mate just cranks over and does not fire will have to check for a spark and fuel 2moro it's just the fact it is snowing that stops me having a look.

It worked one day and not the next no sign of any problems at all

well it's only 30quid so just going to do the camshaft sensor anyway.

I must admit that when i start my car the fuel pump does not wine like it usually does priming the system. so will check if their is voltage to the fuel pump fuse when i turn it over.

Could be the fuel pump relay?