Hi I have just bought a vr and the plastic T piece on the top hose is leaking. I have done a search and discovered you have to buy a complete hose. My question is if you fit a samco kit does it contain a suitable hose - like the one piece one you have to buy from vw. I have tried a ford dealer and looking on the parts catalogue it wasn't even shown. Sorry if its a silly question.

Yes im pretty sure it does, from a stealer that pipe goes for around £75 , just to be sure your talking about the hose that the smaller pipe goes to the throttle body?...................or are you talking about the top hose (rad) where the smaller pipe goes to the expansion tank ?.........i thought samco's were a direct replacement for all water hoses other wise what would be the point? ........i dont have samco's but someone on here that does may have better advise.............if this has been any help at all i'd be suprised........................ :-p

Hi I have just bought a vr and the plastic T piece on the top hose is leaking. I have done a search and discovered you have to buy a complete hose. My question is if you fit a samco kit does it contain a suitable hose - like the one piece one you have to buy from vw. I have tried a ford dealer and looking on the parts catalogue it wasn't even shown. Sorry if its a silly question.

The samco kit replaces the crappy plastic part. A friends vr6 was leaking managed to use one from another mk3 not vr6.scrappy stung us for £20.

I have samco hoses on my VR and it has replaced all the water hoses although i had the 2 very small hoses left over which i did not have a clue where they went.

Did you check the oil cooler on front of engine next to oil filter mate because there are 2 small hoses to that.Carl.