A while since ive posted

Its a long while since being here but i've been let lose to work on this car for a fella who lives near me. He races this thing and its the original deal. He is going to enter it into the gt90 series next year in a series of races here and in europe and i get to fix it if he brakes it.

It makes 680 and weighs in at 1150 ish.

This is the original Viper its the oldest chassis out there its number 3. 1 and 2 having died. Its an ex le mans racer from oreca and it scares the living bejesus out of me everytime it starts up and goes onto the track.

It has an appetite for money that makes paris hilton look like a spendthrift.

what do you think ?

30082007220.jpg

15082007177.jpg

15082007170.jpg

Te noise it makes is enough to rob you of your hearing

The model is remote control but i think it got broken.

The noise is not like a vr on full chat ie singing but more like a well tuned 4cylinder bike when its blipped but twice as loud. on the track it sounds like its just put putting down the straight but when it being heartly chased by 911gt3's and spanking them it sort of doesnt correlate, the lack of screaming seems to make it appear slower but next to the porkers that are audibly going for and getting whipped it makes sense.... did any of that make sense ?

ha ha yes i see what yo mean they are the transit nuts..... it has 18" bbs 3 piece rs splits which have one 76mm centre nut done up to 360+ lb/ft but the car always travels on wets and to aid strapping the car down we tigged some ally bars onto some old nuts and so it was easy to put the starps to the bars fore and aft as the car is so low (i can barely put my foot under it)

Wait till i get back to the shop and tell the others they'll laugh at the reference.(in a nice way)