Nice long list of things to do before I go to the Ring....

Humph!

Had my beastie looked over and serviced today by the lovely boys at Awesome. £400 quids later...(incl a K&N Induction kit which sounds FOOKIN AWESOME!!!)

I need:

New middle box for my 'zorst

New pollen filter

New back wheel bearings

Brake fluid change

New fog light (yadda yadda)

New wipers (yadda yadda)

Oil seals

1 x new tyre

Then...full new brake discs and pads all round plus new Koni shocks

Ahem...so that'll be about a thousand quid's worth of work over the next 4 months then!!!

:S :^)

But I can highly recommend any Northern types going there, they are VERY efficient and VERY particular indeed! I've never had a list of 'minor recommendations' (is that what they call it..) after a service. And they even clean all your car for you as well after tinkering with it.

Worth the money, deffo.

So, in order of importance it'll be:

Halfrauds tomorrow for fog light and wipers

Kwik Fit or whoever for 1 x new tyre at weekend

Then back to Awesome over the next week or two for the 'zorst, oil seals and brake fluid change.

Then I will start to budget for the new brakes and bearings, which can come nearer the time as the guys said "you will do a set of pads in one day out there!!"

........the guys said "you will do a set of pads in one day out there!!"

depends how hard you push it.........got my brand new pads down to half way last Easter. And thats with a few hard brakes as corners came to quickly!!!!

I got some Yellow stuff to go in and i'm getting a standard set to take incase

a set of pads in a day!!!

a bit of an exageration???

HellsVR6 i know how it feels to fit/buy all those parts

i just bought and had fitted

FK highsports

Full Scorpion exhaust system

Full set of Prowflex bushes

New back lights

All new uprated disks and pads all round

New rear bearings

New drop links

2 new wings (yet to be fitted)

Then it failed it's MOT nearly spewed when the garage phoned

Lucky all i had to do was adjust one of the headlights for it to pass not to bad considering i had just spent 1400 on parts and 200 on fitting ouch

Errr yup. Service was £200 + labour + vat, it hadn't been done since before I got it so it. Induction kit was another £79 + labour + Vat. A bit cheeky I know, they charged me 2 lots of labour.

However all my local vdubber mates (even the aircooled ones) have recommended Awesome so I'd sooner spend the extra and not go to Mr Back Street or Kwik Fit etc.

It's alright, cos when I phone back in a few days with a list of more jobs I am booking in I am going to tell them they were cheeky not to change the pollen filter, for the sake of £12! Will flutter my eyelids a bit and see what I can do... usually works! ;)....or show some cleavage!! hahaha!

depends how hard you push it.........got my brand new pads down to half way last Easter. And thats with a few hard brakes as corners came to quickly!!!!

I got some Yellow stuff to go in and i'm getting a standard set to take incase

Didn't realise it was going to be this hard on them :-( was going to get a new standard set put on but will now look at getting some better ones !!!!

lol, M&Mtttt you're obsessed!

hellsVR6, that does sound a lot for a service considering what's done in one. We're they also giving the car a full inspection at your request?

Charging labour again for fitting an induction kit also seems pretty cheeky, unless the only charged you for the 5-10 minutes it takes and were being thorough splitting it up?

I won't bring my spare induction kit on Sunday, I see you're already sorted in that department. ;)