crankshaft options????

hi guys,

looking for some advice about the crankshafts for the 2.8 and 2.9 engines. i currently have a 2.8 AAA engine and i have it out of the car for tuning and full rebuild. i was thinking of putting a 2.9 corrado crankshaft into the engine i have..... is this possible. i am aiming to achieve the longer stroke then re-bore to around the 3lt mark, if possible???

has anybody bored to larger than 3lt in the AAA engine??

whilst on the subject of boring what is the maximum you guys would recommend for the AAA engine?

Same cranks mate. The displacement is due to 82mm pistons in the 2.9 and 81mm in a 2.8. I run 83mm which equates to 2931cc. The largest I have ssen off the shelf are 83.5mm which I would say was the limit! If you are going to run boost 83.5mm will be pushing your luck. Alot will be dependant on how well your block was cast/machined during production. Not all blocks are the same.

If you want a stroker crank you are looking at £1000s there is little gain going to 3.1. For the money you can run a charger.

I run 83mm pistons too and previously ran 83.5mm JEs, which gave 2967cc, and that was fine with turbos.

85mm bore? With 1 and 6 having the smallest cooling jackets and least bolt clamping area, there's no way I'd chance that and I've not seen any 85mm pistons for a VR6 either, they would need to be custom. I doubt the regular head gasket would work either....