vibrating brake pedal???

is this a common thing with VR's or golf 3's? i have this problem and i get a feeling that i've got a warped disc, there was one time when i was driving up from peterborough in the wet, the abs light come on and stayed on until i restarted the car.

My abs light comes on now and again but always goes out again. I also had some vibration through my brakes when i first bought my car, normally braking from motorway speeds. This cleared up after a week or so. Weird and probably no help to you whatsoever. However I can fully recommend upgrading to 312mm brakes! :)

I get some pretty rapid vibration feedback through the pedal if i'm breaking fairly hard but the ABS light doesnt come on. could this be due to a warped disc?

How much was your 312mm upgrade and where did you get all kit for it Damian?

The vibration or pumping feedback through the pedal is the abs working .

Oliver, Got brake conversion from VR6rich on here. If your car is a later VR (ie 96 onwards) you just need the carriers and discs from say, a 1999 Audi TT and some different bolts. Have a look at this http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.php/312mm_brakes It tells you everything you need to know. Or give me a shout and i'll try and help! :)

There is a place in Carlisle that does the bolts you'll need by the way!!

• 1 month later...

found out that the vibration i have in my pedals disappear when you let the pedal go and reapply pressure.

it also has disappeared after fitting some 15" stock bbs wheels on.

could this be something to do with wide 16" or something?