Think of redoing engine...

Howzat gents,

Ok so since my previous problem thinking of just completely redoing my engine keeping the same displacement though 2.8L...the thing is I dont know what exactly suppose to be done, I know pistons, rings, bearings but could someone be so kind to tell me exactly what kind of questions I should asking when calling around for a quote?? *-)

Thanks

2.8L in distress

Hi mate, it's pointless keeping it the same 2.8 bore, if you need a rebore, as they need honing anyway and a straight forward hone sometimes isn't the best solution.

If you're gonna rebore it, a 2.9 bore is a no brainer, and it wont cost you any more. The only thing that will be slightly more expensive is your choice of pistons, I went for forged just because I was going to Turbo it, but I supercharged it instead.

Forged pistons are lighter and take far more heat. I also uprated all my rod and head bolts. (oh and if you keep it NA, induction sounds even wilder on a 2.9! ;) )

Oh and take no notice of what people say about piston slap with forged pistons as well, as if the engineering work is done correctly, it will last as long as a factory build if not longer.

Take it from a guy who's done it ;)

I've got a 2.9 litre low compression lump for sale... schricked, with BVH for 3 grand....

now i spent more than that getting the bottom end built!

pistons were 800 + VAT wossner ones....

ARP head and con rob bolts...

The engine is barly run in yet!! only done about 13k since all the work was done...