Peeps, where do i begin?? Right, 4weeks back, i took the cat out of my car, put a full Powerflo system and a 6 branch Raceland on the VR! The guys at the garage drove it to see how it sounds, put his foot down a little, and i saw blue smoke come out..Never seen this before!! I didnt think nufin of it like "oh my god", coz the following week i was gonna do the chains, clutch, oil seals, coz the car has just touched over the 100 mark.. Left it as that, the car was like wow, proper mid range torque as the stinky cat was out!! So like took the car following week to get the Chains etc done, Took the head off to find valve guides were a bit f'd!!! So i spoke to a freind who fix's heads and sells re-cons, and got hold of a new 1. Stuck it onn, done chains, new clutch etc..Torque is lovely, BUT still see smoke sumtimes on low revs as im slowin down to a halt, only sometimes. Spoke to my guys at the garage in hertfordshire, they said my bottom end is fine, bore etc is good..He then said the oil he used was too fine(thin).. Could this be the case? + the car has no restrictions now as there is No CAT!!! I know i need to get it re-mapped, that'll be at the end off the month,as im farkin skint!!! What else could it be as this problem never existed until i pulled the bloody Cat off!!! Anybody have any ideas why, or have you had the same kinda issue? Would appreciate your views peeps...Fankx!!!!

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1186729752_4915_FT0_nu_plate_small.jpg]1186729752_4915_FT0_nu_plate_small_.jpg[/lightbox]

i had an audi that did that when i removed the cat' date='i think that the cat absorbs it so you dont notice it until you take the cat out,i put the cat back in and the smoke went,hope this helps

regards

[/quote']

John, cheerz man, was thinkin the same thing, BUT i will loose torque.. from the 6 branch i gotta straight pipe to the last silencer before rear box, sounds sweet as fcuk, may just hav to slap it bk onn.

The fully synthetic oil could have been the cause of your smoke. It is far far too thin for the VR. You need semi-synthetic Quantum synta silva 10w40. I suspect all the smoke will no longer appear once you do a full oil change and start using this.

The fully synthetic oil could have been the cause of your smoke. It is far far too thin for the VR. You need semi-synthetic Quantum synta silva 10w40. I suspect all the smoke will no longer appear once you do a full oil change and start using this.

Thanx matey!!!!