No Idle,,,,,,, I really need help!!!! (problem 6 months now and gettin no-where)

Hi guys. I have a 94 vr6 (odb1) And the problem is it will not Idle for me and when i give it the power and hit 4000 revs it coughs and gets lumpy!!!!!

I can drive the car but every time i clutch it, it dies out!!!!!

I have had it with a few guys here in Ireland, but not to many people here have delt with the VR6.

I have changed the plugs and leads , the engine speed sendor and the air flow meter. The garage that has it at the moment has tried all the electrics and doesn't think the problem is there?????? I have changed the Idle speed stabilizer and replaced it with a second one.

The guy who has it at the moment thinks it's unmetered air somwhere but is having no joy finding it...... He say's he can get it to run fine for a few mins but then something hapenes and there is a bit of activity in the idle speed stabilizer ( as if it's getting a burst of unmetored air) and then dies out??????

could it be in the ECU or would this cause the problem?????

I need help as the car is of the road for 6 months now and i am gettin nowhere . I am gettin to the point that i could just put a match to it at this stage.

It's low miles(70 k with no mods at all)

Sorry it is long winded but trying to give as much info as possible. Thanks guys.

Cheers Goldie, he tell's me that was checked and the wires on it were all twisted . But nothing damaged. ran tests on the computer and says the lambda sensor fine.( now his computer may be wrong) but he has great faith in it?????? thanks

Eat this ; Mechanic recons compression is ok

Goildie ; Feul consumption is good , last couple of runs was about 30mpg(think this is good for Vr????

Gav-vr6 haven't tried changing the throttle posioning sensor....2 reasons Mechanic says computer readout is spot on, something to do with degree position...And can't get hold of a second hand one here as it will cost 600 euro new and may not be the cause....

No trying to be a cheep skate but , have spent 600 euro already and gettin nowhere.

would the ECU cause these type of problems????

I am greatfull for all the help

Cheers Gal

Well, assuming you have checked all the basics. Spark is good, dissy cap not cracked etc. Plugs and cables all fine. Fuel filters and pump working and clean and not contaminated then...

.....this does sound like a fault I had on an old carberettor car.. The condensor had died. So if we follow the same train of thought then this would indicate that either the sensor/cable or the ecu were at fault. have you got someone local who can plug and play with you to see if the fault transfers with the ecu module??? Are you going to any meets soon????

I hope these help a litle

Afraid not going to any meets there as i am over the water in Ireland , stuck far far away......gonna try and get my hands on an ECU somewhere.... Mecanic reckons all the sensor's are fine....

Box of matches , 2 pound of petrol and a very quiet road could be in order here.