Is this normal???? Front chin Spoiler/Lip/Splitter

After taking off the original front chin Spoiler/Lip/Splitter and fitting the deeper VR6 version, this is what it looks like:

4lzw4mx.jpg

It doesn't fully join together, is this normal? Or have i bought a dud, i originally purchased it from ebay, but it did come from Germany.

Well, after i bought my new front splitter, i've read on another forum to avoid cheap replicas as they fit badly, i'm not sure if my one is a cheap replica as its a german one. Apparently the best place to get them from is VW themselves, but i'm not about to fork out another £40 just to find that it fits in the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought mine was like that till I (me being a messer..lol) took the whole thing off and worked out how to get it to fit nice and flush. Just take both parts off, put the left hand side on first and then attach the right hand side bit. Although it looks like it ain't gonna fit just persevere and try and fit all the teeth back in individually on the other bit, and I found that giving the last bit a bit of a whack, well it all fitted back nicely!

After reading your advice, i went out and refitted it making sure all the teeths are lined up in their respective slots, whacked it in all around and it still doesn't fit properly, i guess its just the luck of the draw. Will probably just buy another one.

Mine's a VW one and doesn't fit perfectly. Doesn't look out of place though. I only notice it because I look at every fine detail and happen to know it hasn't fully fitted, anyone else wouldn't know. Every other VR I have seen also doesn't quite fully fit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...