VR6 Cat... where is it?? Please HELP!!!

I brought my vr about 3-4 month ago, and mot is due in a few months. ive looked under the car, it has a new pipe in the centre which has been welded in, and a back box.. its a 94 plate. will it pass mot as i have no idea where the cat is.. as i work at scoobyworld i know scoobys have the cats in the downpipes.. but does the vr have it in the manifold??!! also ive heard that after a certain year in age, they get lest strict with mot emissions regulations.. is this true?? if so what year!?!??!?!?!?!?

HEEEEEELLLLPP PLEASE!!!

VR6042.jpg

Mod Edit to Resize Pic

Moderator edit by: TheGoth

That new pipe could be a decat. The Cat. usually lives right after the down pipe. Joined at the front with three bolts and at the back with a sleeve joint.

Emissions are more strict after Aug 92 ( K plates )

For my last MOT the didn't even bother doing the test on my J plater :-)

TG

I'd expect the £150 price to be for an exchange. Without the old cat., £350 doesn't sound out of order :-(

If that is the case, I do still have my old cat. which may or may not fit your VR6 but should still be 'exchangeable'. It's too heavy to post so you'll have to come to the club show at Billing if you need it.

yo mate your from notts........go see the guys at VW/audi breakers in basford just off chrch street. they have 4 VR6 engines sat in there atm so the chances are theres gonna be a vr6 cat!

oh and the owner is selling his tricked out VR6 charged + VW VSR manifold + other shit for like £5k

I doesnt actually matter if you have a cat or not, they test the emissions, not the cat, so if your car passes emissions, without the cat, they cant fail it! Save your money until you know weather its passed or failed

hoffmann sports cats are only about £180 new anyway