• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weeeell i dropped out of uni 2yrs ago after being there and being skint for 2yrs! i moved back home and found my little sister had been driving up and down my lane in my E reg Polo.......... and broke it :(

I used the last of my student loan and bought a mk5 Fiesta. Eventually i decided i needed more then 1.25litres so swapped the engine and dropped in a 1.6 Zetec S engine (got it on loan for length of ownership of car for £50 from a mate!).

I soon got bored of the Fiesta and started dreaming of buying a better car. It was a mate of mine who owned a couple of Rado's (one being the infamous Max Power 'rado from a good few years ago) who recommend a VR6!

After having a few sh*t jobs and then being unemployed i randomly netted a job as an Engineer for a rail engineering company.

All of a sudden i was earning a fortune and had cash to splash about! I briefly considered a Fiat Coupe until i realised how common they were so started looking for a Golf VR6. 8 months down the line i accidently bought the 6 i currently own!!

I hadnt even taking it for a test drive, but when i did (it was the 1st VR6 i had ever driven) i immediately fell in love with it! And here i am now, still grinning!! :D

i had a mk3 1.4 (kept 3yrs) and needed an upgrade..considered a mk3 gti , went to see a 16v and the sale fell thru, saw a vr6 on autotrader the next day for 500quid more (3k) and had new wheels ect where the gti was standard. so i did the maths and worked out vr6s werent as expensive as i thought...

By the end of the week you SHOULD be at the mega meet in Northampton

I would if I could afford the petrol down there...LOL!!

Nah' date=' way too far away for me but hoping to make it to Tatton Park next w/e! :D

[/quote']

What a pathetic excuse!!! i'm driving all the way down to Billing from Carlisle!!! Generally put aside £150 for petrol for the weekend!

my affair with the vr6 started when i was a left collage and stared working in my local vw garage . mk 3 golfs had not been out long the vr was the daddy i remember my first drive in one on pdi and that was it i wanted 1 . but being on £150 a week at the time and a vr being a good 15k i had to wait . i left vw for a few years then went back and my vento came in on part x for 1500 it had done 100k and had full vw service history . one of the blokes at my old place had been pestering me for my mk2 16v and i sold that to him for 1500 so my vr cost me nothing f plate 16v to m plate vr . i never looked back i love it

I have been a Dub Head since i was 17.....18 years ago......owned many mk1 gtis 2 cabriolets and an awesome G60 Rallye...........why the VR6? it was the next step...sideways in a way really from the Rallye, but the sound is just as awesome and the car is more refined, it still steams along and i got my mk1 sportline cabrio too so im as happy as a canine with 2 penisis really, oh all that and i sooooooooo wanted a set of 5 stud 17 inch BBS RS`s now its got them on its complete!!

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1186010020_2067_FT180741_img_0096.jpg]1186010020_2067_FT180741_img_0096_.jpg[/lightbox]

By the end of the week you SHOULD be at the mega meet in Northampton

I would if I could afford the petrol down there...LOL!!

Nah' date=' way too far away for me but hoping to make it to Tatton Park next w/e! :D

[/quote']

What a pathetic excuse!!! i'm driving all the way down to Billing from Carlisle!!! Generally put aside £150 for petrol for the weekend!

Good lad, thats what I like to hear..........plus a little birdie tells me you need VAGCOM

That little birdie is most certainly correct!

Well to an extent anyway, not entirely sure i actually need VAGCOM but would like to have it run through just for the crack. Basically there are no obvious errors so if thats all it picks up then there is no need. If it picks up more stealthy problems or even 1st signs of things possibly going wrong then that would be helpful!

I know f*ck all about VAGCOM so i'll leave it in your judgement whether i need it or not!

my obsession started in 1996 with a red mk3 1.4 preg brand new then a mk2 gti 8v in white ,white mk2 1.6 slammed jetta silver mk 2 golf 1.8carb d reg jade green gti golf mk 3 1.3 polo in white still got silver mk 3 gti 2.0 8v current v6 4motion