Gti- W12 unloading

it had just arried at inters all the way from germany , what a moment ! it sounds amazing you have to hear it in the metal!! gay camcorder cut off recording halfway through :( , anywyas here is whats left of it , :)

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/dubmeister2007/?action=view&current=uihrhh.flv

my jaw was just dragging on the floor all the way through this vid lol

Its a concept car.

6.0 litre, 641bhp, 553lb ft torque, engine mid-mounted. Rear Wheel Drive.

0-62mph 3.7 seconds.

19" alloys, 295 width, lowered 70mm, underfloor aerodynamics, top speed in excess of 201mph.

All above quoted from July edition of Top Gear magazine.

Perhaps it hints at a new model, even hotter than the R32, but I can't ever see them putting this into production which is a real shame.

It's an expnesive piece of kit. All the panelwork is carbon fibre. Probably cost them half a million to build it.

I'm thinking about a toned-down version, still rear engined & RWD, but with a cheaper twin turbo R36 engine and steel/plastic/aluminium panelwork instead of CF. Effectively an M3 challenger for £40k. That would definitely sell. Renault already did something very similar with the Clio.

Turbo'd R36 engine? They could do the cheaper option of slapping an audi V10 lump in there, Don't think they'd go through the process of rear mounting a transverse engine when they already know how to stick V10's in the back of cars (lambo Gallardo for instance) Don't know if the V10 will fit though...... :D