Inters - Your Thoughts?????

....................all the blokes think theyt can cook if you get a barbecue out dont they?

No' date=' thats what we have Donna for........she's a great cook on the BBQ. Now i'm gonna get shot for saying that......oh well better take my running shoes to Billing!!!!!!

[/quote']

Now do I take that as a compliment or not????

I'd think not..... cos then i get to see you in your running shoes lol how funny would that be!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

despite the weather and horribe happenings of a couple of days later for me i enjoyed the show again this year. i do feel the club stands should be made in more of a prime location, ie clubs nearest the strip, food in the middle or alongside and the traders towards the back, that way the clubs get to be seen, after all its the people that turn up in the clubs that really make the show, if it solely relied on people just turning up it would have fallen on its face long ago.

food at venues is always going to be pricey, but that doesnt mean its always rubbish, maybe some sort of marquee or covered area would be better just in case of showers or to shade from the sun and for a nice area for those that choose to bring their own food!

maybe an idea to incorporate some of the auto jumble within the club stands themselves, i realise a bit of that exists already but if it was allowed to flourish it may well be a better idea as lots of clubs would have parts amongst them relevant to specific models or types of car that is easier to look over than bits scattered all over the place, traders that do autojumble should be in the trade area anyway imo, would make more sense and leave it slightly less disjointed and keep a lot of folk happy having had to book club plots and then trek or move the cars to a designated autojumble area!

thought the sprinting was very well organised as usual

it does seem to have all the right components again to turn it into the uk's premier show, it just needs rewiring a little and constructive , not destructive, comments and critisism to help achieve this. there are more than enough people turning up still, so lets encourage traders and tuners to return once again and make this the event it deserves to be and was once! we all love a good show, but as much as its easy to pour scorn on the the organisers its not easy to put on a show of such magnitude in such an open space without one or two hiccups. for me e38, tho a good show last year, was let down by terrible winds and weather and a very very near catastrophic accident involving a bouncy castle that could have ruined a lot of peoples weekend! dont lets mistake quality and quanitiy of cars for the be all and end all to a good show! its not. you, your freinds and the cars you take are still the one factor i believe can turn a poor show into a fantastic weekend away!

dr_slian / Ian - Tell you what would be fantastic and that would be for you to share your plans with the show going public as they progress? That way you could get some feedback before the event? I for one would be interested.

People say you could not get bargains from the traders. I know for certain that I saved a few quid on the bits that I bought. :-)

Food - If you don't like it, don't buy it and take your own. The other half and I do, as we know its never cheap. The bonus side is it leaves you more money to spend on bits! People moan every year, but they never think to take something with them, not even a few drinks.

I certainly think things should be more mixed up and not have seperate areas for everything. I believe this would encourage more people to walk round the entire show and get more out of it.

Sorry Purple Highline Monster, I have to disagree this show is not dead in the water it just needs tweaking. :-)

Steve

Yes, thats a good idea Steve. We tentatively set up a blog from the main Inters website last year, but because there are only 3 full time staff here (yes, 3!) its very hard to keep things fresh and up to date. Thats one of the main reasons why I did not want to do the Show n Shine anymore, I just did'nt have enough time to dedicate to getting the cars in as well as my day job, designing the two mags every month!!!

Its a good point and there is no reason why we could'nt resurrect this blog for the forthcoming event - and, indeed, any of our events! Now we have our own web-mistress (!) we could possibly get that going.

Does anyone know if the campsite people have refunded anyone yet? How is this going? We did have some contact with the firm after the event and they assured us it will be dealt with.

I am not sure we will be offering camping next year as we get so much flack over it. The only reason we had it the first year at Brunters was because we were approached... it would be ideal to have it on site but the owners of the site cannot allow it.

Edited because of my awful spelling/typing!!

It would be a shame if Camping was not offered at the next one as for me that is part and parcel of making a good show.

Can I ask what the reasons are for them not allowing it on site with all that space ?

With just a few changes even with crappy weather everyone can still have a great time !

mark.

got a feeling with all that space it opens up a whole huge can of worms with idiots driving round at high speeds while under the influence. you only have to look at the likes of usc at the pod where people have been killed previously by idiots driving and doing doughnuts in the camping areas to see the immediate dangers. on site camping is always a good part of a show but with such open spaces there it is to much of a temptation for idiots to run riot! insurance would be a nightmare!

Thats part of the reason Dubbloke - the other reason is one of security, did you happen to notice the thousands of BMWs parked on site? i believe they are fleet cars waiting delivery or something, but there are millions and millions of pounds worth of cars and trucks on site, I can imagine the owners having kittens if there were a couple of hundred partied-up dub freakz camping on site!!

Even though there is security staff there all night, and cameras all over the place, all it needs is one small thing to go wrong and its unlikely the show will happen again, let alone on-site camping!

We will be very cautious deciding about camping - lets just say that! Its a shame that all the feedback gets directed at us, (which I suppose is quite natural) as we really do not have anything to do with the camping, except for advertising it to you guys. I know a few people found alternative sites (there is one very close to Stanford hall for example) but its a bit of a trek from Bruntingthorpe and this would need to be taken into account ... I am sure something will get sorted though...

Like i said, we will try and get the old blog fired up again and keep people informed.

Doughnuts where the order of the day at this years off site camping :@ With no sign of the on site security stepping in to stamp out the trend. It only added to the mud problem and the family area was only segregated by three steel poles and a thin piece of blue string. Not very effective at stopping run away cars!

Personally I had absolutely no problems with last years camp site. It all seemed better organized.

TG