Hello to all.Got a small problem and was wondering if anyone had come across it b4.I have a 2.8 VR6 and when i start her from cold all is well then about 100 yards later the oil pressure light and buzzer sounds?Oil level correct,after about 2mins buzzer stops and light goes out and is ok from then on.Any ideas?Cheers B)

never heard of that one' date='how many miles has it done ?[/quote']

Its done about 86k but this has only started since a recent engine out job,i fitted some timing chain guides,had the head checked and skimmed and fitted a new head set along with a new oil and filter.One thought i did have was the wires going to the top of the oil filer might be the wrong way round any idea on where they go for sure?

Have you tried taking the bulb out and the buzzer off? always works for me( ha ha)

Sorry mate got no idea!!

:P could u have a look on yours mate and let me know which colour goes to which pin?Oh yeah while im thinking about it how do i put a nice small pic of my ride on here? 8o)

sounds very much like youve said an oil pressure problem. Could be new oil pump time

DOH!Thats what i feared :( one other thing i have noticed is the IN01 service indicator is now on,b4 it was IN00.I will have a go at resetting that tomorrow and c what happens.cheers

Not necessarily So.......... The old digifant engine (8v GTI) had this problem where by it was proven to be the oil pressure relay, the one that triggers or contains the "Buzzer" in the first place....

I'd try replacing the relay before "Open heart Surgery" The oil pump Should in theory be OK @ that mileage.......

Worth a look surely???

just my tuppenth worth.......

Not necessarily So.......... The old digifant engine (8v GTI) had this problem where by it was proven to be the oil pressure relay' date=' the one that triggers or contains the "Buzzer" in the first place....

I'd try replacing the relay before "Open heart Surgery" The oil pump Should in theory be OK @ that mileage.......

Worth a look surely???

Cheers 4 that any idea on the location of that relay?bearing in mind mines a left hooker :D

just my tuppenth worth.......[/quote']