mk3 golf modification

after reading this site and gaining some inspiration, i wanted to remove the plastic trim from the arches. when i took them off theres was mounds of rubber and silicone that i have managed to remove. it would be easy to paint them but the rears have been hacked at with a grinder so i need to replace them. if you look at the pics you can see the damage. also due to the sharpness its cut into the tyre wall. i have some new tyres but want to sort the arches 1st so it doesnt ruin the new ones! the bbs arecurrently off and im polishing the outer lip. the centres are yet to be painted, i really cant deciede between dark grey or same colour as car. what you rekon?

anyway so i was wondering how much it would cost to sort the rear arches, would it be a new arch welded on? i also gathered that i may aswell flare them too so i can drop it a touch more and have no rubbing. i can weld so this may help with cost, im currently doing a smooth boot! any comments and opinions welcome and il try post a bit more!

with bbs removed for refurb

P1010039.jpg

sides without arch

P1010048-1.jpg

P1010050-2.jpg

the arch condition

P1010046-1.jpg

P1010044.jpg

i think thats gonna be an expensive fix tbh, u will need both side of your car painting wich will probli swallow up 700? altho iv had a quote for half that, im gettin new front wings on mine cus there bad for rust. with teh arch work i reckon u cud be lookin upto a grand? depends where u go tho, problem is matchin the paint. paynesbodyshop do flared arches not sure how expensive they are

btw id polish up the bbs or get them powder chromed... colour coding to the car would look nice but not as nice as shiney, grey wudnt be that good imo

tahts colour coded http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/galvam1ke/car2/IMG_0170.jpg

Tony Payne's bodyshop (heathrow way ish) is the best VW bodyshop in the country,,,if you go to the top shows and see the event winners...chances are its a tony payne car...i was quoted £350 plus clips for my 3 door for all 4 arches to be smoothed and professionally painted... not too bad.. i highly recommend you check out his website or email him for a quote. :)

http://www.paynesbodytechnik.co.uk/

london vr6 do you mean you had the arch plastics colour coded? i want bare metal like the later vr6s. i can weld a new rear arch on so i gues its then cost of painting nearly both sides totally! may get a respray again. wheels go in tom to be powdercoated red, that pic of that other is stunning!

imo i would buy some new front wings. when i had my archs removed i had to have mine painted ended up with nearly a full respray both side of the car got sprayed because the archs scatched the paint but i got new wings the later style ones with the oval side repeaters 52.00 for the pair also updates it as the arch have been removed and the oval wing repeaters and also removed the sill cover like the highlines

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1181254893_2547_FT178032_casio_pictures_016_medium.jpg]1181254893_2547_FT178032_casio_pictures_016_medium_.jpg[/lightbox]