WHAT HAVE I DONE?? turning over dodgy

just disconcted my battery cus i was trying to fit some chrome bits...and now she is turning over really dodgy realy slowly then goes to stall, and the engine shakes...never had this before...

i took both the live and the earth ones from teh front at teh same time...was that wrong?

any ideas?

should i attempt to drive it? id rather not

well throttle works ok, but the revs are dipping down to about 400-500 near stalling point and just took it out for a spin to get teh temp up and still doing it...second gear felt really jerky?

was running 100% all be it a lil slower till i disconected teh battery...so im guessing electrical? sensor amybe?

well i think gaz aka vr6_absy has sussed it out...he told me to reconect teh battery with the key turned to ignition to reset my ecu. done that left it 5 mins turned adn it running ALOT btter now. cheers gaz

it did die on first attempt tho, mayeb battery is low...

the chrome bits are a secret ;)

As the problem seemed to be with your idleing I suggest it was the throttle body that needed adapting again, by turning the ignition on a leaving it for 5 minutes or so, would have heard the throttle body making noises while it was adapting.

As the problem seemed to be with your idleing I suggest it was the throttle body that needed adapting again' date=' by turning the ignition on a leaving it for 5 minutes or so, would have heard the throttle body making noises while it was adapting.

[/quote']

I wondered what that noise was when I replaced my battery :)

As the problem seemed to be with your idleing I suggest it was the throttle body that needed adapting again' date=' by turning the ignition on a leaving it for 5 minutes or so, would have heard the throttle body making noises while it was adapting.

[/quote']

I wondered what that noise was when I replaced my battery :)

Either the throttle body or the aux water pump would make a noise when reconnecting the battery.

yea it made a long beeping noise with key turned.

it cut out 7 times on way to work!!!!!

complete nightmare!! altho i let it settle for half hour on my lunch break and now its running alot better, shall i still try it agian for 20mins tho?