• 3 months later...

i've recently bought a set from my holiday. Although i think they are illegal on the headlights we have but gunna give it ago. don't think MOT guys will pass it tho so theres gunna be alot of faffin about.

mine burns at 7500k.

will post pics when fitted.

think you maybe able to find them on ebay.

only thing is that whether they are quality ones or not. been told when i purchased my set that there are some that are manufactured poorly. the risk is that they will heat up too much and melt the bulb holder and then cause the headlight plastics to melt.

my sets saxo irix, been told they're made in korea and are quality.

this is what my HID's look like.

i only have one problem tho, the side lights on my vento seem to power the main beams on low voltage, does anyone know which wire to cut to stop the voltage to the main beams? at the moment, having the side lights on makes the main beams strobe like police blues coz of the low voltage.

burns at 8000k and not 7500k as mentioned earlier.

BEFORE

CIMG0205.jpg

AFTER

CIMG0206.jpg

anyone!?!?!?!?

i thought it was a relay at first but lookin at the wiring diagrams in a haynes manual for a golf and vento, its not a relay. for some reason when the side lights are switched on the dipped headlights gain a small amount of voltage.

anyone have more of a understanding to auto electrics than me to help me out? pls