Does anyone have LINKS to Golf VR6 reviews or buying guides?

Does anyone have LINKS to Golf VR6 reviews or buying guides?

Please help.

I bought a VR6 a few months ago, but want to read more about the VR.

My brother has also just bought a Golf VR6 this week.

We have both searched everywhere and can't find any reviews or buying guides on the net. ANY old mag reviews located on any sites.

Please help......

Mark.

Well I'm very happy with the car, but for one thing.....the handling. It's very soft, and banks and rolls through bends too much. It's still got the orginal shocks and springs on so I'm just wondering as they've done over 90K miles, is it normal for them to go 'soft'?

Also.........so far, my mods just include a K & N induction kit, but I'm planning on possibly going to AMD for a few other bits.....for example an AMD chip, throttle body and milltek stainless steel exhaust...and set up on the rollers. What sought of BHP/torque should I expect to get....and is it worth it, as it'll cost (with the shocks/springs too, fitting and VAT) about £1600. I've also been offered a mint mk1 for this price off a very good friend..and it has a few mods like a 1.9 engine etc...running 130 BHP.,......and is probably the same BHP/per tonne as my VR6. (MK1 weights in at less than 900 KG's!!!).......I've been in it a few times, and it's great fun and a great track car. My VR6 is the family car. I sold my 400 BHP Pulsar GTIR last week (hoping to get a Skyline next year) and I'm already finding it hard with just the one (although great) car................I'm a massive fan of Japanese performance.......but for value for money and quality...you can't beat the VW golf!!...even if it's a MK1 or MK3 VR6!! (I've also owned 3 MK2 GTIs in the past).

And great forum and club by the way....hope to meet you all one day...possible at the rolling road later in the year.

Not sure about the suspension going softer later on, but i've just changed mine from standard and it had only done 58k and that was showing all the symptoms you've mentioned above, it drove like a boat and looked like a monster truck. Get that suspension done mate, you won't be disappointed :-)

suspention is notoriusly bad on the vr6,you cant go wrong with any koni after-market suspention system,

with the mods mentioned you should get 200+ bhp and about the same torque, AMD will best advise you on gains as Im just guesstermating

suspension is too soft when new, let alone 90k later.

a decent suspension kit will help, as will eibahc or neuspeed uprated anti roll bars. you could sitck with standard susp and get the arb's...no ones done it on mkIII yet, but a few have on mkII's and its good as you keep good ride quality. ultimatly both are the way to go. also, your wishbone and raer beam bushes will be getting on a bit soon (tend to give up between 100k and 120k).

i'd forget your list of mods...and get a schrik VSR/VGI manifold instead. theres one on ebay at the mo with a buy it now of £1000 which is a bargain (though its for OBD1/pre' mid '95 cars). then get it remapped at stealth for about £400.

other things worth noting are that its worthwhle to check the upper tming chain tensioners at 100k (more critical on obd1)...may as well do that whlst fitting the schrik if you get one. if any of the runnders need doin then its box out (good time to do clutch, or fit an LSD or ATB, and change final drive of you want more accelaration)