Carbon Fibre Rocker Cover???

This is just a thought at the minute as I have a contact who 'may' be able to make CF rocker covers. I was wondering if this would reduce or eliminate the heat rising into the manifold.

If any of you would be interested in maybe a prototype or even have some info to add please do.

Baz

I'm also talking to him about the possibility of a CF spacer that sticks in between the mani and rocker cover. This way it'd be cheaper and easier to make and we're going to do a little testing and may need a couple of volunteers to have a spacer set in and a temp sensor put on the manifold. Theoretically we should see a pretty big drop in temp but ideally would like to test it against heat mat.

Baz

do post up your progress and maybe we could get the thread made sticky...

so how much of a temp difference do you think there would be? spacers a good idea too...

My VR6 is missing the engine cover already, so i'd be happy to be a guinepig...depending where youre based?

The guy who will be helping us on this one is in south west wales. I'd like to get a couple of test cars and when we work out dimensions and thickness of Carbon and stuff like that we'll get a prototype ready and send a couple of you down. It would be preferable to know your exact bhp as well as it'd be interesting to dyno it for proof if we think it works.

Baz

I'll be sending him measurements tomorrow for the spacer plate and he's going to knock up a couple of test pieces. If anyone can tell me how much space we have between the manifold and rocker cover it'd be great.

Cheers

Baz

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just putting up a quick message to let you all know that this project will still be going ahead but it's on hold until further notice. Andy, who will be making the parts, has another priority at the minute. His wife was in a bad RTA and some drunken asshole in a 25tonne fast track ran over her car after blazing through a junction. We're wishing Andy all the best and hoping she recovers fully as she sustained multiple injuries.

Baz