[moved] vortech servicing

• 2 weeks later...

I think my c2 manual said every 22000 miles,

but, i've heard of people who have run up to 50000 miles no service!

its easy if you have one, just unhook it, unscrew the outer casing and check the flutes, vanes and screw for damage.

Mine is on about 11k and is in pristine condition, probably bemuse it wasn't driven this winter

• 3 weeks later...

found this on the vortech site in the FAQ section

What type of maintenance is required with a Vortech supercharger system?

Follow the vehicle owners' manual recommendations for your vehicle. We do ask that you change your engine oil at regular intervals because the engine oil cools and lubricates the supercharger gears and bearings. When changing your oil, remove and clean the oil inlet fitting and strainer. For severe duty or racing, it is suggested that you install an oil cooler and filter. We suggest following the manufacturers recommendations concerning oil type and oil change interval. You can use mineral based, synthetic blend, or full synthetic oils with a Vortech supercharger system as long as the oil meets or exceeds vehicle manufacturer recommendations.

plus some interesting bits in the link below

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pdf/guides/streetfile.pdf

Ive heard that they are pretty simple to take apart and the bearings arent gonna be cheap, If it were me Id play it safe and take it to a good bearings dealer like WYKO (3 stores in warrington) as they could probably help you out as they deal with some monster industial and motorsport stuff, or at least they will point you in the right direction ;)