Hello Jon! Got a new motor?!?!

Well I've had my new car a couple of months now and thought it was about time I posted some pictures of it.

I've had numerous cars (Cavalier, Orion Ghia, 2x XR3i Cabriolets, XR2i, Clio 16v, MR2).

A family friend once said to me, once you've had a VW, you'll be buy another one. He was right. I've had 3 Golfs in a row now and in a few years, fancy a black Eos. So he was right! I've been into Dubs now for 7 years! Definitely got the taste for VW's!

Anyway here was my first Golf - Black Gti Sportline Cabriolet which I had for 2 years. Sold that with 65,000 miles.

SportlineCAb1.jpg

Then I had a Mulberry VR6 Highline which I had for 4.5 years and sold that with 65,000 miles as well.

LouisJon7-8Months187modified.jpg

This is my new one - Black Colour Concept Cabriolet with 34,000 miles.

When I first got it. High suspension.

P3250281.jpg

Then these FK Highsport Coilovers sat in my boot for 3 weeks

P3250289.jpg

Then added the coilovers

P4110091.jpg

P3260340.jpg

P4100080.jpg

P3250293.jpg

P4100073.jpg

P4100076.jpg

P4100064small.jpg

P4100069small.jpg

Air con and heated seats

P3260341.jpg

I might to raise the coilovers as the sill scrapes in my work car-park speed ramp, but I like it this low.

Happy with the RXII, but may get some other wheels too, to make different! Think that my new car is pretty enough without having to make many alterations.

This is the family wagon too

Freelander.jpg

Hope you like the Golf, it took me 6 months of searching to find the right model as a Colour Concept in black, air con and manual!!! I was being very particular in the specification, but I wanted the top of the range model and it was definitely worth the wait.

Jon :)

[mad edit to resize pics]

Moderator edit by: cadguy

That Cabrio is lovely...air con though?! :S

Cheers. That was high on my spec list. Air con is excellent for when the roof is up and being black, it gets hot in there.

Once you've had air con, it is a must for me.

Do you think it is strange because it is a Cabriolet then? Would not be without it.

The cab looks really clean. Whack a set of phat split rims on it and you won't need to do anything else!

Cheers again Tom.

Thanks Nick. I would say that the Cab is mint. It took me 6 months to find it, but well worth it.

I agree about just adding some wheels. Could have Borbet A's for it this weekend, but they are 9" all the way round and I would have to do some arch work. Don't fancy that. I really like the WRD Mesh wheels. Also the ones that Pedrox use to have when his car was blue.

The car does not need any other alterations. Just some phat wheels. Do like the standard BBS RXII that I have now, but would like it to stand out more and be more exclusive.

I often look at the photos and spec of yours and think that you would miss her if you sell her. Cannot believe nobody has bought it at £5K

Jon

Do like that Jon as said on e38 ;) Just wondering whats the ride like with those coilovers? Compare with the vr6 after you did the suspension on that?

Cheers

Cheers again Tom.

Must admit that the coilovers are firmer and a very comfortable ride. Added bonus of being able to adjust the height to suit yourself. If I had your VR6 back' date=' I'd probably put coilovers on it.

Have to meet up 1 day. Would like to see the old VR6. You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Jon ;) [/left']

Do like that Jon as said on e38 ;) Just wondering whats the ride like with those coilovers? Compare with the vr6 after you did the suspension on that?

Cheers

Cheers again Tom.

Must admit that the coilovers are firmer and a very comfortable ride. Added bonus of being able to adjust the height to suit yourself. If I had your VR6 back' date=' I'd probably put coilovers on it.

Have to meet up 1 day. Would like to see the old VR6. You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Jon ;) [/left']

:o

only joking lol

Yes sounds good. I would like coilovers on it someday but i would only put decent ones on and obviously they aint cheap! On my list of things to do though ;)

Of course' date=' when I had your VR, the shocks and springs were fine and I liked them as I did not know any different. But now having coilovers, I can see that they are more versatile.

You don't miss what you've never had!

Jon ;)

[/quote']

True that. The golf isn't bad, it's just that on my pug i upgraded to a Bilstein/Eibach suspension set up and that was the nuts so I know better ;) All in good time, it WILL be decked with coilovers one day haha