Who has declared their mods???

I used Elephant' date=' they gave me a very cheap quote, insure my stereo (upto £2100 becuase i declared it), my new inpro headlamps and porche design 90 alloys (which are still getting polished).[/quote']

I just found out that elephant will insure a modded car, but not the mods themselves.

In other words, your heavily modded VR gets nicked and they pay out to replace it with a standard one.

Time for me to move I think...

• 2 weeks later...

My policy is just about to run out with Elephant, and my renewal price has come in at a higher figure than last years. That was on the Corrado too! I haven't declared any mods with them either cos i was too lazy to sort it, but my recent quotes have included everything. Brentacre camw styraight in with a brilliant price, but a broker in Somerset (a friend of a friend) has knocked another 100 quid off their price! £450 f.c so far!

• 2 weeks later...

i never declared all of my mods till last year, when i declared everything. now ive fitted the turbo i didnt alter it as i knew it would go sky high, but as soon as its in the cabrio i will be telling them as ive seen too many of my mates crash recently due to stupid people, and a police car barging my mate across the road.

the a hole skidded trying to get through heavy trafic so my mate moved over to the middle of a junction and a bloke fiddling with his radio smashed right into him. coppers done him for dangerous driving, said he shouldnt have moved over as they would have got through anyway. tosrs. anyway rant over.

• 3 months later...

If you do not declare your mods, you are effectively paying not to be insured. Where is the sense in that?

I am with Highway, through Chris Knott. My last car had fairly basic mods (exhaust, induction kit, boost controller, uprated brakes) and they were all declared. My Vento is totally standard - for now. However, I have told them I intend to carry out the same kind of modifications (except the boost controller!) and so I am effectively already covered for them. All I have to do is give them a call to let them know when I have actually fitted something.