Puling power tests

Just been out to the local spar and noticed Lucy pinder has finaly got here nipples out so i had to buy the mag, while i was there i noticed the whatcar mag and it was doing review on the

Type R, Mazda 3MPS, Leon Cupra, VW GTI so i bought it as it had the 30-70mph and 50-70mph tests in it so here they are and here are mine

My Car - 96 Highline/ B&M Quickshift / BMC CDA / Magnecor Leads / Heat proofed inlet mani / Jetex Cat Back.

30-50mph through the gears - CTR = 6.7sec / Mazda = 5.7 / Leon = 5.7 / VW GTI = 6.7 / VR6 = 6.1

50-70mph in 3rd - CTR = 3.8 / Mazda = 2.8 / Leon = 3.0 / VW GTI = 3.7 / VR6 = 4.1

So we can hold our own through the gears but for shear pulling low down it shows wear the VR loses out by a second and a half i think this is due to the other cars (not the CTR) having turbos though the CTR being aspirated was a ball hair faster than the VR6 im happy with these result anyways as i knw if i had to race one id drop to 2nd at thirty and rip these pricks to bits ;)

Also i managed 146MPH out of the car last night on a private road obviously ;)

Nice info. Where did you get the VR6 stats you quote? Is this your own car's figures? I'm surprised about the Leon and mk5 golf gti. I would have thought a lightly modded vr (with 190-200bhp) would be a tad quicker. I've always found my vr to be slightly quicker through the gears whenever I have had one decide to "race" me. I found my vr to be pretty even with a ctr until higher speed where my vr started to open up a fairly sizable gap (much to the annoyance of the ctr owner!). Don't know much about the new mazda 3... seem to remember it was on top gear recently ...doesn't have a big bhp like 250 or something? Not surprised it is much quicker than all the other cars in your list. However the vr is pretty much the same as the other three cars you mention though which is nice to know.

Seems like quite a tough on. I have managed to find out that the R32 can go from 30-50mph in 3rd gear in just 2.9 secs. Can't really compare it to the stats above as it says "through the gears" for the above cars as opposed to just one gear.

Also got a 50-70mph stat for the R32 in 5th gear at 6 secs dead. Haven't found the same stat for 3rd gear though.

The VR can pull and its good at at but it really thrives if you drop gears for example into 3rd at 80mph and 2nd at 40mph you get it right in the power.

Definately agree with you on that one, was coming out of a village doing 50 with a car and a bike in front of me, just as you come outta the village the road opens upto 2 lanes up the hill, I could tell the bike was gonna go, so dropped it into 4th and started to put my foot down upto about 70 and was just gonna follow the bike but thought fuck it and dropped it into 3rd and booted it and suprised myself at how much it pulled, pulled so much i went flying past the bike and up the hill, think i caught him a bit by suprise! : )