Hi, New Member!

Hi All,

As the title says, i'm new! I bought the Golf VR6 Highline off "AfterEight". Drove it up the road (York to Aberdeen) Must say, was great fun! I just can't wait to make the car as mint as possible! I have some questions and more than anything want your opinions....

This is obviously down to opinions but what combintation of both exhaust and filter gives good performance and looks good?

Poly Bushes, has anyone replaced the bushes on the VR6 "Highline" unsure if the Suspension is set up slightly different?

Lower Spliiter, I noticed the most common choice is the big plastic/rubber splitter fitted to the front bumper. However i was looking for something that could be pssibly be painted. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Any help would be great.....

Owen.

Hi and wellcome to the forum.

Theres plenty of thread's about which exhaust and fillters to get, just try doing a search to see what answers you get.

The Highline part of a VR6 is purley cosmetics.

Good luck with the searches and keepb us updated withthe progress.

Hello Kelly,

Was going to mail you when got back....all i've done it clean it! I've supaguard the whole interior aswell!

The drive up the road was good...not too bad on petrol, well better than expected. lol.

No, i'm trying not to use it as i want to keep the miles down. Cycle to and from work so hopefully the mileage will stay low.

Booked it in for a Service this weekend also...

So all in all...it's in good hands.

Was good to meet you, loved the Lotus!

I'll keep in touch with you, if you want to keep tabs on how the car is doing?

Owen.

jetex or miltec exhausts are good i have magnex at moment its not bad...all are quiet tho....

ram air pro filter has a brutal sound to make up for it tho...

iv put a ABT front splitter on mine http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/galvam1ke/mine/fsidecutt.jpg however soem one told me they have stopped making them...

apart from that i only like votex ones...they stopped makin that too!

Hi Owen,

Sounds like you are going to really going look after it so that's great, dont forget it had a major service in October so doesn't need one yet unless you just want to check things out.

Enjoy, might take the Lotus out at the weekend if its dry!

And yes please keep in touch on the car.

Cheers

Hey i gather this is Owen that had the Cupra R Ibiza??

I have a milltek with a BMC on my car, although i had a panel filter in my old Golf there is very little difference.

Personally id steer clear of "open cone" filters such as Ram Airs, K&N etc as these tend to heat soak and lose you power.

If you need any more info just gimme a shout

Martin

i have BMC on my car and jetex twin 80mm going on in the summer

bmc is one on the best filters but many just repalce with panel filter and drill the air box with holes like a piece of chesse

jetex or miltec exhausts are good some go for magnex

scorpion serbring is the most expensive

or if money not a problem get a bespoke one

i went with jetex i bought from ebay its been used but looks not to rusty

i will find out in summer when it goes on !

jetex is also one that not to loud or boy racer

let us know which set up u go for

by the way OWEN your the guy after low milage vr6

u had budget of 5-6k for a good one

so u bought AFTER EIGHTS 41k black golf got any pics to post?

sounds nice and mint welcome a enjoy the vr6 they are becoming rare!

Hi Martin,

Yeh sold it to my brother. I'm really enjoying the golf. I ordered the lights for the outside yesterday. Trying to keep the car as subtle and clean as possible. i do have various questions but i'll keep them to myself just now as i'm sure like every other forum people get sick of repeated posts....

I remember your last VR6, why did you sell it? You like the new one, i prefer it with the Porsche wheels on, looks real good!

Thanks Martin,

Pete. I like the miltec, however i'm wanting my car to be different from every other...

Yeh, met After Eight on the Saturday night. He was more than helpful and very sound person to deal with....Also seen his Lotus (lucky bastard he is!) Anyway pete, yeh i'll post pics up, i 'll take them tomorrow and post them up. The car is totally standard. I've polished the car three or four times and the only defects i've found are minimal stone chips and one very minor parking dent.

better head off to bed....

Thanks for the help guys...hopefully get to meet some of you's at shows this year.

Owen.