stupid question time again

Guest couzens

Hi everyone, yes its that time of the afternoon again when I like to ask a stupid question as I'm not an expert.

:) :)

Do these V6 engines have a dizzy cap and rotor arm by any chance cos if they do my dizzy cap is a rectangle rather than a circle/cap?

Its just if they do I've never seen one like that before.

Also, does anyone get a build up of water reside (spelling) around the clip of the pipes that come from the coolant expansion tank? I seem to get a crustion of red mould which I know is the anti freeze from the tank. It dosent drip or leak just get a small crustion whenever I have driven the car hard? :)

yeah thats right, my `94 has a coil pack, its just the really early ones that have a dizzy. I`d assume if you have a dizzy and rotar arm it would be a cylindrical unit not a rectangular one. Coil pack does the same job just with the worry of moving parts

And i get a some water marks around the cap of my expansion tank, these are just white flacky bits, so i think it pushes a little water out of the top when really hot. I guess if your coolant is red then that would explain it... if its coming from the pipes check for splits and make sure the jubilee clips are tight...

• 2 weeks later...

can a 92 vr be fitted with a coil as i have just bought a 92 vr which is bog standard with 39000 on the clock yes 39000 with all paper work to prove an local vw dealer confirmed it is all in order wat a sweet little old 65 year old man he was that i bought it off and he had it from new said it was his summer car used land rover in winter