Mulberry highline!?

Went to santa pod yesterday and saw one up close yesterday with polished tt rims - absolutely loved the colour just not ovely keen on the seats!

is it worht getting them retrimmed in black with like a cream piping.

or would i be able to sell the mulberry coloured trim and buy some black?

to be hounest i prefer the colour to black! but i would still favor the black one as im just not sure if i would be happy with the interior!

May be in the postion of purchasing a car in the next 2 weeks if all goes well with selling mine B)

I really like the Mulberry colour, I would be the owner of one now had the engine in the one I looked at had any history.

It may be difficult to get hold of the black leather, but if you are prepared to wait one will come up eventually.

I love the colour of my Mulberry Highline, but you're right the seats let it down a bit. I live with them because i got the car at a good price and it had superb history etc and i didn't want to wait longer to get one.

I've often thought about changing the interior but all the decent black interior's i've seen (not many) are very expensive.

I am considering having mine retrimmed, but maybe just having the middle bits covered in black alacantra or something.

Guest ows05

its silly at that sort of money, yet ive found that VW items always hold their value resonably well, and that if the demand is there then the price reflects it... I think the vr6/mk3 leather interior with the bum warmers etc is one of the most desired interiors with the exception of the R32 and certain mk2 recaros...

Ows

its silly at that sort of money' date=' yet ive found that VW items always hold their value resonably well, and that if the demand is there then the price reflects it... I think the vr6/mk3 leather interior with the bum warmers etc is one of the most desired interiors with the exception of the R32 and certain mk2 recaros...

Ows[/quote']

the highline leather isn't that nice, the colour concept is ok as they are proper recaros.

theres also proper cloth recaros in mkIII too...but very rare (i know, i want a set)

R32 seats in a mulberry highline would prob be the ultimate!

[blockquote] theres also proper cloth recaros in mkIII too...but very rare (i know' date=' i want a set) [/blockquote']

didn't know that, mine are cloth recaros - nice and comfy.

--

Maak

pis please (not that i don't believe you)

if they are proper ones, wanna sell them? (i'll swap them for my surrent normal vr6 interior and a full mkIV gti interior ;))

ha, it's ok, I'll keep them ta, I quite like 'em. :)

I'll take some pics sometime. I presume they are the seats you are thinking of... they have "Recaro" on the backrest of the seat in red lettering.

sounds like the ones...but i'd like to see pics as i think there may be different patterns on the upholstery.

is yours a vr6? what year? apparantly they cost a grand as an option (hence the rarity) i'd be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for a set in perfect condition as the standard sports seats give me shoulder problems.

if they are proper ones' date=' wanna sell them? (i'll swap them for my surrent normal vr6 interior and a full mkIV gti interior ;))[/quote']

Aren't the seats in a mkIV GTI exactly the same as the mk3 recaros but without the 'Recaro' script?

I have them in mine, but they're not for sale at the moment!

No the cloth recaros are much higher in the back than the highline seats. But as Justin points out, the only noticable difference between the recaros and 'normal' mk3 GTI seats is the size of the bolsters.

I've been in a 4motion with exactly the same seats as mine, but covered with different material.

[ Edited Fri Jul 16 2004, 12:01PM ]

the reacaros are a very different shape and go up higher in the shoulder area.

highline seats are the same shape as normal vr6 seats are they not? it the colour concept interior which is leather recaros.

wanna sell me your seats nickbee?! ;)

i've never seen mkIV's with the same setas as the link in my last post. their all like these aren't they...http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v50/acf8181/temporary/grey_1.jpg