Just wondering if anyone could help me out last night i went to drive the vr and my clutch pedal just went flat to the floor and stayed there any ideas the last couple of months ive had a ratchet sound coming from thee clutch pedal nothing seems to have snapped aroumd the pedal any help would be great

yeah matey, had this problem a couple of weeks ago on a mates vr, the slave cylinder is just a little piece of plastic that holds the clutch rod to the pedal, if u strip the bottom of the wheel, get down there with a torch, u will see what i mean, now where that piece of plastic sits in the actual pedal mechanism, it has a little piece of metal to stop the cylinder going through when pressure is applied, so u can do 1 of 2 things, get the little piece of metal welded back on, or get the whole pedal changed, i was borrowing my mates car when it went, so just got it dome from a garage, they charged about £120:00 or so, vheck bentley out also. hope this helps.

yeah matey, had this problem a couple of weeks ago on a mates vr, the slave cylinder is just a little piece of plastic that holds the clutch rod to the pedal, if u strip the bottom of the wheel, get down there with a torch, u will see what i mean, now where that piece of plastic sits in the actual pedal mechanism, it has a little piece of metal to stop the cylinder going through when pressure is applied, so u can do 1 of 2 things, get the little piece of metal welded back on, or get the whole pedal changed, i was borrowing my mates car when it went, so just got it dome from a garage, they charged about £120:00 or so, vheck bentley out also. hope this helps.

[/quote1171754654

^^^^^ Dunno what slave cylinder you have been looking at but not one on VR6

The slave is located on the side of the gearbox and the master cylinder is located on the bulkhead and is connected to the top of the pedal.

Could be one of 3 problems, faulty slave cylinder, master cylinder or the pedal has sheared where the master cylinder clips into it!!