steering poor after suspension fitting

just had a look at how the car sits.

the drivers front wheel is sitting in at the bottom, so theres a problem their.

the passanger side front look ok to eye, but im gonna have a proper look tommorrow and get the level on the strut and line it up as best i can.

then i'll have to find a 4 wheel alingment place in colchester.

also the front still seems to sit high?? anyone got a pic of their strut assembley , just so i can check.

ive done this (suspension replacement) a fair few times b4, but you never no i might have bolted something upside doen or visa versa.

I paid £37 for a full 4 wheel alingment, this was full camber castor and toe set up.

The company I use has one of the only 3d computer alingment kits in the county. you get a before and after print out too.

Very clever how it work - after they put the equipment on the wheels the computer watches the car when it is raised so knows hows much to move it by when the suspension has no load, enabling the mechanic to work on it in the air (easier) a final check is done on the ground when all adjusted.

He'll even do different set ups for normal, fast road or race and offers corner weighting for coil overs.

I've had fast road set ups done on mine and although you don't notice alot in the golf, when they did my impreza it was an amazing differance to standard settings.

If you fance a trip to norfolk the company is called Autotest 01603410834

it was very clever if they did the castor as that isnt adjustable on the VR6 is it?!

Seriously though that is very cheap especially as they sound good... supertyres the price varies depending on how many adjustments but will be about £50-£60 average

you can adjust it on the ball joints - only very small amounts but as long as its in tollerance then its fine.

My mk1 has better castor adjustment because you can move the top of the struts as well as the ball joint allowing enough movement to make a difference. The design of the top mounts on the mk3 make the movement of castor negligible