back from S T E A L T H

im a happy bunny i still have an issue with belt slip but consistantly get 10 psi which gives 300+ bhp and 265 lb ft minimum but vince managed to get it to breifly nudge 12 psi and got 319 bhp with 274 lb ft even that was slipping IF i can sort the slipping out and nail 12 psi properly it will have 320+ and maybe 325bhp and methanol will certainly help too :)

got back home took my mate izzanbaad out on my favourite b road and its a fookin animal make no mistake (6) its VERY lively both on the throttle and on the brakes it feels so alive underneath you its a great feeling

Well done mate, pleased for you :-)

They're about the same figures I got with 12psi aswell. Can you notice the extra 2psi though? I can't say I ever did really, maybe a little more pull past 5000 perhaps?

Odd the belt is slipping, it held 12psi for me OK.....ah, but you've got aircon haven't you? Different tensioning arrangements...not sure if it makes a difference.

What belt are you using? 7 rib continental belts grip really well and spray on some tack glue too.... every little helps!

kev yeah i can notice it a little the belt doesnt slip til 4k+ and the 2 psi only really gains about 10-15 lb ft all through the revs i think im using the belt u gave me whats the part number etc for the continental belt???

mr anderson yeh im running no i/c stock interanls with water injection

I can't remember the conti belt numbers, but VAG used to sell them as standard, think they've gone over to some japanese belt now....which is the one you've got!! GSF or Euro might be able to get the conti belts though.

Odd that, I didn't see much of a torque increase going from 8 to 12 psi either, but I think that's because when you exceed 8psi, you really need to start intercooling the charge air, which is where the torque comes from. Aquamist will help to a degree...