Quick cat question

Split my cat the other night and found this on the bay.

Been told that there are three types of cats available for the vr?

Mine is a 96 ob2, 5 door. Looks like the right connection but mines never had a heat shield and has a muffler after the cat whereas this has a pipe?

Any ideas?

http://i12.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/81/5b/3c7a_1.JPG

[hopefully that works...]

As far as I know there are 3 different lengths of Cat used on the VR, Only way to be sure would be to measure your cat and make sure the one you are getting is the same length. As far as I know the fittings are the same, it's only the length that is different.....

Mark.

Ah- jus checked the link and it only shows the picture? i thought it showed the whole page [thought i'd checked it?]... Auction finished at 9.00pm tonight, hence why no time for measuring etc and no the seller didn't come back to me anyway.

Got it anyway[!?]... need to make changes to my zorst and at worst i get a new suitcase baffler out of it.

Sorry for any confusion caused dudes.

My cat split on the underside about half way along. I welded it back up about 1 1/2 years back and it is still fine now ( went throught the MOT about a month ago' date=' no probs).

[/quote']

Got mine welded on underside for the mot last year... it was leaking again within a couple of months so i just assumed they can't be welded properly. Will have too see if this other one fits and if not i will see if i can find a different [good] welder.

Cheers dude, nice to have a second option.