Hi All, have just had a pre MOT check of my VR6 and found we need to top up the Power Steering Fluid. We seem to have a gold fluid in there which smells like ATF Fluid. According to the manual we have, we shouldn't have AFT fluid in there ..... Does anyone know what we should have and where we can get it from? Also how much will we need to bleed the system?

Is there anything else "special" we need other than Super Unleaded?

We seem to be redoing peoples previous wrong doings!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

go to a vw dealership buy the fluid from there, its not expensive, cant remember what its called but it is a funny colour when new, you dont need super unleaded either, i put both types through my vr and it dont make any difference! as for the fluid change you could do it yourself? or get a local garage to do it

the best thing for it is proper VW pas fluid.

part number is G004000M2 - it comes in 1 litre cans at £6.57 a bottle ....

i don't think you should have anything other than that fluid in there - some others are harmful to the system . . .

Have finally got the correct fluid in it and has had a major service (i.e. plugs, leads, fuel filter etc) and runs a million times better than before.

Thanks for all your help, I was starting to worry that it would cost a fortune! but was very reasonable.