Beetle MAF insert - yes I have done a search

I've looked in the search but can't find the info I'm looking for.

Someone (may have been VR6Will?) told me you can fit the MAF insert from a new Beetle that's a lot cheaper than buying a complete VR6 0BD II MAF

Anyone know if GSF do them (part number?) or is it a dealer only part - what engine Beetle am I looking for?

Someone (may have been VR6Will?) told me you can fit the MAF insert from a new Beetle that's a lot cheaper than buying a complete VR6 0BD II MAF

Anyone know if GSF do them (part number?) or is it a dealer only part - what engine Beetle am I looking for?

Hi dude

the obd2 maf is available from VAG still ..exchange £75 plus vat

Thanks' date=' Is that a complete MAF?

Hi dude

the obd2 maf is available from VAG still ..exchange £75 plus vat

[/quote']

I've not tried the insert but I read on the Vortex a while back that the Beetle and OBD2 VR6 inserts are exactly the same, which kind of opened a can of worms as to why VW are charging extortionate amounts of money for a plastic housing!

Anyway, I just get mine from GSF exchange, £70 odd quid for the whole thing. Yours is probably the 462A. I would try it in the car park before driving off because GSF's quality control is shite. I've had 1 or 2 MAFs arrive DOA....so don't hand over the cash until you've confirmed it works. The engine won't even run if it's a DOA.